Installation instructions for Fog Lamp Lens
Vehicles: Jaguar XJ40, XJ6, XJS
Please follow these steps to install replacement glass for fog lamps on XJ40, XJS, and XJ6:
- To remove chrome housing from reflector use a flat head screwdriver (or quarter/2mm thick
washer) to turn both plastic screws 90 degree counterclockwise and pull. The chrome housing
should separate from the reflector.
- Remove bulb from reflector by pushing down and out on wire clip.
- Carefully remove the rubber gasket from the edge and put to the side. This will be glued back
- Heat glass and reflector in oven at 350F (180C) for 15-20 minutes. Wear oven or heat resistant
gloves and be careful when removing glass and reflector from oven as they will be hot.
- While wearing safety glasses, use a knife or a small flathead screwdriver pry the glass from the
reflector. Remove the remaining adhesive with a small flat head screwdriver.
- Inspect the reflector for any damage before proceeding.
- Apply white RTV 732 silicone sealant to frame evenly (This silicone can withstand temps up to
350F or 180C). If too much is applied use a knife or razor blade to carefully remove the excess
- Align the glass with the frame and firmly push the two together. If any excess bleeds over the
sides, use a paper towel to wipe away excess.
- Let set for 24-48 hours.
- Glue the rubber seal to the reflector using trim adhesive and let set for 24 hours.
- Reinstall chrome housing to reflector by reversing earlier steps. Turn plastic screws 90 degrees
clockwise to reattach the chrome housing to the reflector.